Monday 16 January 2012

Poster, second draft

To help address previous criticisms of poster draft one we re-took all photos with a HD camera and switched to the program 'GIMP' (previously mentioned) so we could cut and edit images with ease.

Firstly, I got a good plaque and frame to establish the setting of our poster. Shown below.


We then took a good group photo of all the actors avalible for the poster photo shoot during the week. Shown below. We left gaps so to highlight where our other characters will be positioned for the final cut.


Then I began to edit and cut out the characters on 'GIMP'. Shown below. The Vicar character is highlighted, this shows the cutting out process. You craft around the character until you have made a perimeter around his outline. Then you cut.



I then began placing the character into the poster frame. I did not change their original size until all characters were placed, this was so I could keep the correct proportions in height and width. Shown below.



Once the characters were positioned I began to change the size so they all fitted within the frame but still remained in proportion. Shown below.



Finally, I added all missing convention of a soap including dates, channel logos, slogans and titles. Shown below.



Despite all the modifications to try and improve the poster there are still two huge errors. Firstly, we are missing four characters. This is because the actors were not available for the photo shot and we are planning a date to take the pictures before the end of the January week beginning with the 16th. Secondly, despite using ‘GIMP’ the cut out of each character still is under industry standard. I think if I practice cutting out images I will become better using the program and then can meet the standard required to make a successful advertisement poster.







No comments:

Post a Comment